This is a list of random advice I made for myself:
- Chew the stick of gum before it goes stale and hard. Or throw it away. But don’t keep it hanging around, getting old.
- Don’t lick anything metal when you’re outside and it’s below freezing.
- Let your heart get broken (it will mend, stronger).
- Eat what your body truly wants.
- Don’t quit your job for your art, let your job support your art until your art can support you.
- Spend a significant amount less than you earn—work for money, then let money work for you.
- Automate good habits.
- Smile at the future.
- Make no provision for the flesh.
- Make your bed.
- Live your own life.
- Look around. See.
- Believe in Murphy’s Law and be (not excessively) prepared.
- Say thank you.
- Do something you don’t normally do.
- Tell someone you appreciate them and why.
- See the water in the glass.
- Plan an adventure.
- Go on the adventure.
- Go to bed thankful.
- Do what is necessary for you to sleep well.
Chewing the Cud of Good
I am on an adventure!